Trade Show Shipping Help is Available
If your company is planning to attend a trade show, we have some tips on how to make trade show shipping as painless as possible! Trade shows are a great opportunity to showcase your business, but they do involve careful planning and timing.
Typically, your company’s sales and marketing team decides early in the calendar year which shows they plan to attend. They make travel arrangements, prepare the booth they are going to use, and develop handouts, materials, and giveaways. One thing that sometimes gets overlooked, however, is letting the shipping company know they are going to this show. Shipping to a trade show involves unusual things, which is why it’s important to communicate and plan ahead.
The Basics: Trade show shipping refers to the transportation of materials, products, and equipment to and from trade shows or exhibitions. It involves the logistics of moving exhibition materials, booths, promotional items, and other necessities to the designated venue for the event and then back to the origin or another location afterward.
A 3PL, or third-party logistics provider, like Customodal can play a crucial role in facilitating trade show shipping. Here’s how:
- Expertise in Logistics: 3PLs are experienced in managing logistics and transportation. They can handle the entire shipping process, from coordinating transportation to managing customs documentation.
- Efficient Transportation: 3PLs have established relationships with carriers and freight services, allowing them to negotiate better rates and ensure the timely and efficient transportation of goods.
- Warehousing and Storage: 3PLs often have warehousing facilities where they can store exhibition materials before the event. This can be especially helpful if there are restrictions or limitations on when items can be delivered to the trade show venue.
- Customs Compliance: For international trade shows, 3PLs can assist with customs documentation and compliance, ensuring that materials move seamlessly across borders.
- On-Site Coordination: Some 3PLs offer on-site support during the trade show, helping with the setup and teardown of booths and managing any last-minute logistics issues that may arise.
- Technology Integration: Many 3PLs use advanced technology and software to track shipments, providing real-time visibility into the location and status of exhibition materials.
- Cost Savings: By outsourcing logistics to a 3PL, companies can often achieve cost savings through more efficient transportation, better shipping rates, and reduced operational overhead.
A 3PL can streamline the trade show shipping process, offering expertise, efficiency, and cost savings for businesses participating in exhibitions and trade shows. Contact Customodal if you are involved with Trade Show Shipping!